Valentine's Day

Last night I was tossing and turning in pain and insomnia from an arsenal of asthma meds.

I cried out to God in my distress. It's so frustrating to need rest and not be able to sleep. I remember hot swollen tears rolling down my face.

I rolled onto my stomach and then I heard my tiny curled hair Sofie tiptoe into the room.

"I just got up to get a drink of water and God reminded me when I was a baby I used to bring you so much comfort when we napped together. I am going to sit by your bed for a little bit."

I felt her cool hand across my forehead and the next thing I remember is waking up to my alarm four hours later.

This Valentine's Day I was reminded of the greatest love of all - God's love. He sees our pain and he cares.

And I am deeply grateful for the sweetest most precious loving gift God has ever given me - my daughter. I never intended to be a mother, but she is a daily reminder to me that God knows what is best for me far far better than I could ever hope to know.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments