Neighbors

New neighbors unloading a truck two houses down - introduced myself and Blue. We're sitting outside with their kiddos. They're from Atlanta and happy to be escaping last week's cold and snow. The kids are mostly happy they aren't enrolled in school yet. Their accents remind me of my father's family from Alabama. Maybe also because the women are all over six feet tall.

The house actually belongs to their elderly mother who always stops
to say hello and runs an in home daycare, but she moved to Houston to care for her daughter whose husband passed away a few weeks ago.

What rare community to stumble across in this age.

I always enjoyed seeing the tiny African-American woman walking to the park with toddlers of every color. She was a gentle momma with her ducklings.

I keep working on getting to know my neighbors on my street. Hard to follow Jesus's command to love them when I don't know them.

Hope you all get to sit outside for a bit today. It's a beautiful day in Dallas.

No comments