Unconditional Love

At 11 weeks they told me to abort you.


It’s the most common “treatment” for this condition:


Uncontrollable, Spontaneous, Endless Vomiting,

Unquenchable Dehydration,

Simultaneous Diarrhea and Constipation,

Esophageal Damage, Bleeding Gums

Pytalism, Heartburn, Acid Reflux

Anemia, Low Blood Pressure

Confusion, Body Odor, Incontinence

Food Aversions, Motion Sickness, Headache

Chronic Fatigue, and Depression.


(Finding out who your real friends are.)


Medical Advice from those without a license, 


a drop of compassion, 


or a clue.


Little Boy Blue


I’ve learned this:


YOU ARE NOT A CONDITION.


You’re more than the sum of your physical parts.

You’re my baby,

the apple of His eye.

His creation

and gift to us.


You’re alive and well despite all the 

complications, interventions, medications, and

bad advice. 


38 weeks and 2 days: 


Hyperemesis Gravidarum has not defeated me, 


and Blue - 


I will not give up on you. 

No comments