I've been meaning to tell you all..

The other day I was driving, and as I looked to my left I saw a man with an oversized bug-shield on his motorcycle.

I just can't understand motorcycles.

I can't understand why people would drive them. Wondering how to enter this mans mind, I looked over again. This time I noticed that he was wearing one of those blue medical masks that you see surgeons wearing on television.

Hmm. He must be taking precautionary measures against the exhaust or perhaps he has had one too many bugs fly into his mouth. I decided even though it wasn't very manly, I could respect someone who wasn't embarrassed to take on a little extra bug protection. I once had a bug fly into the back of my mouth while I was on a bicycle, and it was bad enough at a slow speed.

I looked over to give him some sort of a nod of affirmation (the official Dee Dee seal of approval), but I couldn't believe it.

I almost swerved into the concrete wall of the highway. Coming out from under his medical mask was a tube leading to an oxygen tank.

Like I said, I don't understand people who drive motorcycles. ;)

Anyway, here are some pictures of my sweet girl in her favorite imaginary characters: a lion and a pirate.



She basically runs around saying "arrgh" and wielding toys as swords. She learned about pirates on Sesame Street. Their brand of pirates are "Bookaneers," who check out books at the library as their booty. Sofie runs around and pinches your booty as her prize. lolPirate Sofie is definitely preferable to lion Sofie. As a lion she will run at your legs, and attack you as if you are a gazelle separated from the herd. Thanks for showing her documentaries Michael. ;)

Don't let your eyes stray to the pretty girl. This is actually Sofie forcing me to take a picture of her singing frog, Hop. She remonstrated him over and over to say CHEESE.
A close-up of the curls. I suspect this is where she gets her powers. A picture of her camel. You probably can't tell, but she is wearing three outfits because Mommy has quickly learned to choose her battles.
Aww, isn't she sweet? She told me she would take a picture if I gave her a cookie. What really happened is she stole my bag of cookies and hid them while I was deleting the pictures that didn't turn out. A true pirate at heart.


Love to you all, Dee Dee

2 comments

SandieShores said...

Yes your DD is very sweet... but I'm thinking she's more clever than sweet, LOL!!! Love her curls.. and her eyes.. she's so beautiful :)

Your motorcycle story made me snort laugh! oxygen mask.. what next!! d

cubmom said...

DD - your little one is precious! The curls are gorgeous and as far as powers, pirates and lions - hysterical. Thanks for sharing.